Monday 3 November 2014

Santa - Kenny K/Incy Wincy

Hello everybody!

Hope you are all well :o)

We have a fantastic challenge for you this week over at Incy Wincy. 'Inspired by a Song, Book or Movie'. How cool is that?  

I was a bit nervous, it was my turn to write the challenge post and my first as a Design Team member for Incy Wincy. Everything seemed to post okay - phew!

We have not one, but two fantastic sponsors this week...


Kenny K - The winner will receive 3 digis!


Iva Nova Chest - A goodie package will be mailed to the winner!

I chose the Santa image by Kenny K as I was inspired by the song 'Santa Claus is coming to town'. Here is my card...



Isn't he a fantastic Santa? So 50's/60's retro, I love it :o)

What you need...

Digi stamp: Santa - Kenny K
Patterned papers: Mint Twist 6.5"x6.5" Paper Pad - Kaisercraft; 'Tis the Season 6"x6" Paper Pad- Echo Park
Card stock: white
Promarkers
Twine: Beetle Black Doodle Twine - Doodlebug
Adhesives

What you do...

Print, colour and cut out the Santa.
Cover the bottom of a white top fold A6 blank with a 4cm deep piece of  the music paper from the 'Tis the Season pad. 
Add a green scallop border from the Mint Twist pad in line with the top edge of the paper strip.
Wrap twine around the blank at the top of the scallop border, tie at the left.
Mount Santa to the right of the blank so his feet overlap the scallops.
Print a sentiment, trim into a banner, mount onto a scrap of music paper and fix to the top left corner.

Ta dah! You now have a very festive card indeed!

Pop on over to the Incy Wincy Designs Challenge and have a look at what my talented teamies have come up with. You will find lots of inspiration so why not give it a go?

I'm going to say ta-ta now...ta-ta! I'll be back soon though. Thanks for stopping by xxxx

post signature

2 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Your retro Santa looks amazing! Love the design of your card too - especially the music paper!

dragonllew said...

Ah this is fab Colette I'vebeen looking at that paper pad sat on my desk wondering how I would use the black music paper now I know.
Jenny x