Tuesday 14 October 2014

Pop Flowers

Hello my lovelies!

How are you today? I'm feeling much better, the yukky cold is on its way out - I think drinking plenty of fresh lemon/honey in hot water with a couple of paracetamol helped. 

So, what I got for you this time? Well, I was inspired by a card I found on the Internet and decided to create my version of it as a birthday card for my sister, Yvonne. 

It's very clean, simple and fresh.



What you need...

Stamps: Birthday Sampler, Perky Plants - Paper Smooches
Dies: Clouds - Paper Smooches
Ink pad: Tea Leaves - VersaMagic, Onyx Black - Versafine
Card stock: aqua (light & mid shades), bright pink, lime, turquoise (dark)
Card blank: white 14.5cm square
Pearls: white
Adhesives

What you do...

Hand cut a circle from lime card approximately 2.5cm diameter, three 2cm circles, one each in light aqua, dark turquoise and bright pink; lastly cut three 1.5cm circles, one each in light aqua, dark turquoise and bright pink.
Use Tea Leaves ink to create three stems with leaves at the bottom right corner.
Assemble three flowers and stick to the top of each stem.
Die cut three clouds in mid aqua card and arrange around the flowers.
Stamp the sentiment in Onyx Black at the lower left and embellish each flower with a pearl.

Ta dah!

Believe it or not, this card seemed to take me ages. I'm terrible at taking my time making sure placement of an element or image is just right. 

I won't commit to sticking anything down until I'm 100% happy - too fussy maybe? No. If you are going to make something unique and special, it's worth taking the time (even though I do get frustrated with myself). It always seems to happen when I need to get the card done quickly - grrr!

If I'm struggling, I find the best way is to walk away from my project and then come back to it later with a 'fresh' eye.

Any hoo, that's me for now. Back to the ol' commissions. Thanks for calling in and I'll see you soon xx

post signature

3 comments:

Radhika said...

Cute card :)

el said...

prosto ale uroczo

Unknown said...

Lovely card for your sister Colette, glad to hear you are feeling better, I am on day two of my cold and feeling pretty 'grotty'. trying to drink plenty of fluids and rest up, lots going on both at work and home so think it's all caught up with me :(
Dawn x