Thursday 28 August 2014

Merry Snowman

Good heevnin peeps!

I hope you are all well :o)

I've really started on my Christmas cards now - hopefully I won't end up rushing at the last minute this year. 

I've made a cute snowman card using some of my old stash. I've had a look on the ol' internet and sadly the dies and papers are no longer available; but I'm sure many of you will have snowflake/snowmen dies or punches in your craft stash. As for the papers, any colour scheme would work just as well.

Here is the lovely little chap...




What you need...

Dies: On the Edge Snow Flurries; Bigz Snowman - Sizzix
Patterned papers: Colorful Christmas - My Mind's Eye
Card blank: A6 white
Card: black, brown, orange, white
Gems: turquoise
Ribbon: lime green
Adhesives

What you do...

Cover the blank with a slightly smaller piece of pale turquoise paper. 
Die cut a snowman, embellish and stick to the blank about 2cm from the bottom.
Die cut the snowflakes and fix across the card so that the cover the bottom of the snowman. 
Mat striped paper 3.5cm x 10.5cm to the bottom of the blank. 
Wrap and tie ribbon around the join between the snowflakes and the striped paper so the knot is at the left. 
Add a sentiment to the bottom right of the blank and finish with a few gems.

I love looking through my old stuff. It's amazing what you forget you have, especially when it comes to Christmas. 

I've vowed not to buy much in the way of Christmas crafty things this year, but my resolve soon weakens. I'm going to continue to use stash items and re-live those past purchases.

Well that's it for now my lovelies. Don't forget you still have a couple of days to get those entries in to the Cosmic Colours Challenge (see sidebar) to win some yummy craft goodies.

Ta ta and thanks for dropping by....xx

post signature

2 comments:

cebelica said...

Such a cute, positive and fun card. I love it! :)
I am going through my stash and not buying new crafty things either. I probably have enough stash to keep me going for a couple of years. lol And it really is as you said - you completely forget what you have.
Hugs! xx

Radhika said...

Cute card Colette..