Sunday 31 August 2014

Merry Jolly Bright

Hello happy Sunday everyone!

It's a beautiful day here in Norfolk, it seems strange that I'm going to show you another Christmas card. I know several of you have been making your Christmas cards for some time now. I'm not doing too bad with mine at the moment.

This is a fairly quick and easy card and I've gone with the traditional red and green with a large splash of white.

Here is my creation...



What you need...

Die: Phrase - Merry, Bright, Jolly Decorative Strip Die (655233) - Sizzix
Patterned paper: Seasons Greetings - 12 Days of Christmas 12" x 12" Collection - My Mind's Eye
Card stock: white
Punch: corner rounder
Baker's twine: red
Jingle bells; red
Holly leaves; felt
Pearls: red
Adhesives

What you do...

Create a 10.5cm x 15cm top fold blank in white card and round off the bottom corners. 
Mat a 10cm x 11cm piece of the patterned paper centrally to the top. 
Die cut the wording in white card and stick to the patterned section.
Wrap twine around the card a few times at the bottom edge of the patterned piece and tie at the right. 
Add the holly and thread the twine through two bells and tie in a bow.
Embellish the 'j' and 'i' with a red pearl.

Cute eh?

I've had the felt holly leaves for a few years, I don't think you can get them now, but you could always make your own from felt, fabric or paper. 

These little holly leaves are great as they have a little hole which means you can insert a brad, or as I did thread the twine through and then secure with the tied bells.

So that's me for now. You still have until 11:55pm (GMT +1) to get your entries in for the Cosmic Colours Challenge #4. 

There will be a new challenge starting at midnight. 

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday. TTFN x

post signature

1 comment:

Radhika said...

Love the bright colors..