Tuesday 3 September 2013

Greetings of the Season!

Merry Christmas all!
Only joking...I would like to show you another Christmas card I whipped up.
I still have loads of lovely papers from previous years. Paper collections this last couple of years seem to have had toned down hues, don't get me wrong, I love all colours, but I do like bright and cheerful.
I used papers from the Echo Park 'Everybody Loves Christmas' collection, but you can use favourite papers from your stash.




What you need...

Patterned papers: Everybody Loves Christmas Collection Kit Collection - Echo Park
Stamps: Joyful Greetings - Paper Smooches
Die: Washer Border Decorative Strip (657826) - Sizzix
Ink pad: Tuxedo Black - Memento
Baker's twine: red
Glitter dots
Adhesives

What you do...

Cover the top two thirds of an A6 top fold blank with the 'Snowman' paper. Die cut a length of Washer Border in the reverse of the 'Snowman' paper and adhere underneath. Tie baker's twine around the join with the bow to the left.

Stamp the sentiment onto white card and trim into a banner. Mount onto a piece of the 'Wrapping Paper' and attach to the right of the blank, over the twine. Finish with a few glitter dots.

There we have it...a simple yet quick card. You could run off a batch of these in no time, the hardest part will be choosing the papers!

As I started to write this post, I could hear a crunching noise. It was Bazoo taking position on the bean bag under the desk behind me. It's such hard work for the poor love to chase those things that only cats can see in their mind, sleep and supervise me all day. Here is a quick piccy I took of the hard worker.


Sometimes she creeps into my craft room and just sits silently. After a while I can 'feel' the eyes burning into me. No doubt checking up on my progress. Cats!

Well, thank you all for dropping by and I will be back soon with another make. Toodle-pip! xxx
post signature



1 comment:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Super cute snowman card Colette