Thursday 23 August 2012

First Christmas Card!

Afternoon peeps!

At last! I have started on my Christmas cards. This card was inspired by a sketch I had seen. As I like things simple, I thought it would be a perfect layout for a Christmas card.



I used a 13.5 cm square kraft blank and with the fold at the top, trimmed 1cm from the side. The snowman is by Paper Smooches Swanky Snowdudes and the lettering is Alphadot also by Paper Smooches. The patterned paper is from the Holly Jolly Christmas 6x6 pad by Echo Park.

I simply stamped and embossed the image and lettering, coloured in with Promarkers and cut out. The speech bubble is a die from X-Cut, I mounted it onto black card for impact. One large circle was die cut in patterned paper and another in white card. These were adhered to the bottom right corner and trimmed, the snowman and speech bubble were then mounted with foam pads.

I think this has got me in the mood, ideas are swimming around thick and fast. Hope you like! Thanks for visiting and happy crafting!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Brilliant Colette! So simply but effective! Well done on making a start on your Christmas cards, I know it's what I should be doing but just can't bring myself to get my Christmas stash out yet....I'm still waiting for summer to arrive :(
Hugs
Dawn xx

Colette said...

Hi Dawn!

Thanks again for another fab comment. I've been doing Christmas projects for Crafts Beautiful for a couple of months now, so I should be in the mood.

Problem is, I tend to have so many ideas whizzing round my head I don't know where to start. I have got all my Christmas stuff out, so I'll have a look through and see what transpires.

Enjoy the rest of the Bank Holiday weekend. it's sunny here in Norfolk, hope you are fending off the rain in Skipton.

Colette
xxx