Wednesday 29 August 2012

Bah! Humbug

Well hello and a pleasant Wednesday afternoon to you all!

(The weather isn't very pleasant at all - had to bring washing in because of bliddy rain - boo yah). Plus, is it me or is t'internet really slow these days? I know in Norfolk we don't have the best broadband, but it's getting to the point of ridiculous. Thing is we still have to pay our monthly fee no matter whether were getting a good connection or not. Right, grumble over.
So, I've created another card for Christmas. This is perfect to give to those who moan and say they hate Christmas but end up having a whale of a time every year!



The stamp is from Penny Black and is called Naughty or Nice? (3282L) by Margaret Sherry. It actually has three images on the stamp, but I just wanted the snowman without his hat and scarf, so a masked off the other images, inked it up with black Versafine and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. After colouring him in with Promarkers, I trimmed the image, then mounted it on the left of a rectangular piece of black card.

The paper is some Christmas paper I've had for years and thought it would compliment the image. A rectangle of the paper was adhered to the lower left of a square blank. I knotted a length of bright pink ribbon around the right hand side of the blank panel. This was then attached to the card with foam pads.

To finish I coloured in some Basic Grey lettering with a black Promarker to spell the Bah! Humbug.

Ta da! There you have it. I think it's fun image to make even the grumpiest of Scrooges smile.

Thanks for having a peep at what I've been up to. Ta ta for now. Colette xx














No comments: