Monday 1 September 2014

Cosmic Colours Challenge #5

Hi there peeps!

Well it's time again for a new challenge! I've noticed that a lot of you out there in blog land have started on your Christmas cards and very nice they are too. So this month I decided to go with a Christmas colour challenge. 

I've picked a palette with lovely chocolate browns and blues. I've made a cute little snowman card, but you don't have to enter a Christmas card, any occasion will do.

I've also changed the rules slightly. There aren't many people entering the challenges and I wondered if it is because some find it difficult to use all the colours. So from now on, a minimum of three colours from the palette must be used, but you can still use all of them if you wish :o)

So without further ado, here is this month's colour swatch.

Winter Hues - Design Seeds®
I think the colours work really well together and are warm and cosy :o)

Anyhoo! Here is the card I came up with using all of the challenge colours...


I stamps I used were from the Freezy Fellas and Christmas Sampler sets from Paper Smooches and Tim Holtz Decorative Washer Border Die from Sizzix (657826). I used Promarkers to colour in the snowman - Tawny Owl, Pastel Green (more like an aqua really) and Ice Grey 1.

The creator of the winning card will receive some craft goodies and also a code to display the Challenge Winner badge on their blog.

Three runner up cards will be chosen and they will get a code to display the Challenge Top 3! badge on their blog.

There is also a 'play along' badge that you can display on your blog. The code is in the sidebar.

This challenge will run until 30th September 2014 23:55 (GMT+1).


post signature

12 comments:

lucretia said...

You know, I may actually have time to enter your challenge this month. Love your happy little card.

Jo said...

Hi, just found you & am your newest follower! Love this colour combo (prob my fav ever) & will definitely be playing along!
hugs Jo x

Colette said...

Hi Jo!

Thank you for following me - I've popped on over to your lovely blog and followed you. I'm glad you like the colour combo, I'd say it's one of my faves too. It would be great if you played along, can't wait to see your entry :o)

Hugs,
Colette xx

Colette said...

Hi Lucretia!

Thank you! The little snowman is rather cute isn't he? I'd love it if you could play along this month. I know we all get so busy and time just runs away with us, it would be great to see what you come up with :oD

Take care,

Colette xx

Chris Stern / CS Designs said...

Hi Colette, Love your sweet card. Thank you for a lovely challenge, the inspiration and for letting me play along. I just found your blog and have become a follower, though both Google and Bloglovin and look forward to coming back and visiting often.
:) Chris / CS Designs

Colette said...

Thanks Chris for playing along. I look forward to seeing many more of your creations. :o) Colette

Colette said...

*CS Challenge 1

Beautiful card Lucretia, thank you for playing along with my challenge this month. Hope to see a few more entries!

I'm not registered with Yahoo or Flikr, so I couldn't leave a comment on your photo page :o(

Colette xx

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hi, Colette - Your little snowman is adorable! Great colours this month! Thanks for a fun challenge - I just linked up my card!

Colette said...

Hi Lucretia,

Your Bramble Cat is sooo cute. Thank you for playing along!

Colette x

Karen Petitt said...

Another fab colour challenge Colette - this one really stretched me as I don't use much brown, but I loved it and found the brown worked better than I hoped Karen x

Karen Petitt said...

I have made sure I am following too - apologies as I thought I already was, very rude of me! Karen x

lucretia said...

Thank you very much Colette. I don't have any more spare time this month sadly and if I don't press on I won't even get what I need to do finished. Yikes!