Wednesday 18 June 2014

Iris Folding Masterclass Crafts Beautiful July 2014 Issue

Hello chums!

Hope you are all having a good week. I'm just having a break from commissions for a few minutes so I thought I'd show you the iris folding card I did for the current issue of Crafts Beautiful.

As with tea bag folding, iris folding was something that really never interested me at all. When asked by Sarah (CB Editor) to do a master class on the technique, I knew I had to bite the bullet and have a go, but with a more modern twist on it.

I designed a simple flower and leaves pattern that would be perfect for beginners, but still enjoyable for the more experienced crafter.

Here it is....


I had some lovely, bright papers (more like a thin card stock) in my stash that I have had for years and thought they would be perfect for a simple. yet eye-catching effect. Gingham and spotty patterns can be found in most craft shops, just team them up with co-ordinating solid colour papers and away you go! Of course, you don't have to follow the colour scheme I've done.

The complete project with six stage instructions can be found in the current July Issue, there is a template at the back of the magazine for you to copy and re-size. The magazine is now also available as an app.

Alternatively, you can go to the Crafts Beautiful website to download the template, along with other project templates from this issue. Past templates can also be downloaded, plus there are lots of free papers too. You just need to register to do this, which again is free to do. There are lots of other great projects, ideas and inspiration to be found as well!

So what are you waiting for? Get those paper strips cut and fold away!!

Thanks for popping by xx

post signature


3 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

I always enjoyed Iris Folding and haven't done it in ages. Thank you for reminding me of this fun technique. The outcome is fabulous!

Unknown said...

Hi Colette, a really lovely card, not something I have tried but the result is fantastic, I love the colour combo you have chosen, it works well.
Hugs
Dawn x

Radhika said...

Beautiful card Colette ..summing up different pattern papers look good :) never tried the iris folding technique but love this technique..:)