Thursday 17 April 2014

Easter Wishes (and a huge egg of ginormous proportions)...

Aft'noon peeps!
Are you looking forward to the Easter holidays? I am. It will be nice to have Simon around over the four days. Hopefully the weather will stay lovely and I'll get more gardening done.
I'd like to show you a little card I whipped up for Easter. I sent it to my mum and the gang up in Yorkshire. Here it is...



What you need...

Papers: Cotton Tail 6x6 Paper Pad - WRMK
Card: white
Stamps: Picoti Picota - Artemio
Promarkers: Baby Pink, Oasis, Pressed Leaf
Ink pad: Onyx Black - Versafine
Punches: circle 1.5"; 2"
Gems: clear
Adhesives

Mat a piece of blue spotty paper at the top of a 12.5cm white blank and a narrow strip of plaid paper underneath, leaving a small gap between the two.
Stamp a chicken onto white card, colour in and punch out with the 1.5" punch. Mount onto a punched 2" circle of pink paper. Mat to the left of the blank, over the gap.
Print out the sentiment, trim and fix to the lower right. Finish with a few gems.
The layout was based on this sketch, rs#82 by Retrosketches...


Click here or on the link in the sidebar to discover this and more fab layouts.

Okay, so you are probably wondering about the ginormous egg mentioned in the title. Well....the other day I found an egg in the nest box and no kidding it is massive! I think an ostrich laid it (I suspect it is Dolly).

No wonder she struts around with a wide eyed look on her face. I've taken a picture (sad, I know) with another egg (of average size) with a ruler to give you a general idea. The size of the thing! There is an omelette for two just in that one egg.

How did she push it out? The mind boggles.

The eye watering evidence......


I think I might blow it and save it to compare with any other rugby balls laid in the future.

I am going to go now, but I'll be back soon. Thanks for dropping by. xxx

post signature

8 comments:

Eemeli said...

Wow! That is a one BIG egg you got there.

Lovely and very cute card, too. Hope you have a wonderful Easter!

Hugs from Finland,
Eemeli

Berina RGA said...

nice card!! that egg is BIG!! :)
-Berina
Moxie Craftie

Unknown said...

An amazing piece of work on Dolly's part! really cute card too :)
Hugs
Dawn x

cebelica said...

Such a lovely card. Great take on the sketch. And yes, that egg is huge! Hugs! xx

KT Fit Kitty said...

Sweet Easter card! Your Mum will love it!

Your egg is a big one indeed!

lucretia said...

Happy Easter! Ah, poor little hen. Think she deserves a holiday...The one in the card looks pretty pleased by comparison.

cebelica said...

Hey! I just stopped by to wish you happy Easter. :) Hugs! xx

Jennifer Grace said...

Gorgeous card, I love the blue chicken. Was that the colour of Dolly's face when she pushed out that ginormous egg?!