Thursday 12 December 2013

Tashes!

Good afternoon chums!
This is a scheduled post (so fingers crossed you are getting this loud and clear). I'm currently visiting my mum and dad up North.
Well, I have for you today a card embellished with the oh so popular tash. I did it for a friend for his birthday (another one I didn't get round to posting...you have to forgive me, I have been busy of late with a lot of commissions).
I know, excuses, excuses.
Okay, onto the good stuff. Here we go...




What you need...

Dies: Mustaches (DR0410) - Lifestyle Crafts QuicKutz
Embossing folder: Mustache Set (657983) - Sizzix
Patterned paper: Kate & Co. "Oxford Lane" 6x6 pad - My Mind's Eye
Card stock: navy, white
Button: yellow
Baker's twine: yellow, navy, green
Gems: clear
Adhesives

What you do...

Create a top fold A6 navy blank and cover with a smaller piece of yellow plaid paper. use the mustache embossing folder to make a white background and adhere to the blank.

Die cut three different sized mustaches in yellow plaid, navy spot and green hounds tooth papers and attach to the blank. Print a sentiment onto white card and cut into a banner. Mount onto navy spot paper and adhere to the lower right of the blank, overlapping the edge. Knot a length of each colour of twine through the button, trim and fray. Glue to the left side of the banner. Finish with a gem on each mustache.

This card is so cool. Great for male birthdays or Father's day; any age too!

Today's lesson is now over. Thank you for stopping by and reading through my drivvle.
See you soon - ta ta! xxx

P.S. The spell checker kept highlighting the 'mustache(s)' - but it's the US spelling as on the die and embossing folder packaging. I know here in the UK it's spelt moustache - but if you want to source where to buy them, it's best to stick to the correct spelling for the US (hope that makes sense - I don't know what I'm waffling on about most of the time).

post signature

2 comments:

Suman Pandit said...

love the Tashes !!

Jaya Raghuvanshi said...

Awesome card!! would love to make something like this for my dad:) thanks for sharing the idea:)
Hugs
Jaya