Sunday 27 October 2013

Crafts Beautiful Christmas Special 2013

Good afternoon chums!
I hope you are all enjoying your weekend so far. The clocks went back an hour last night here in the UK. Even though it's only an hour it really knocks your body clock for six - weird!
I forgot to show you my projects I did last month for the Christmas Special issue. I really enjoyed doing this Christmas set. They wanted me to do a stamping project using modern and unusual colours... so I did.
The first one, 'Twinkle, Sparkle, Shimmer, Shine' had four photo stages with the instructions and was the main project.




This one is called 'Bah! Humbug!'

 


I chose shocking pink, zesty lime and bright purple for the colour scheme. I think against the white background of the card blanks they really stand out and are an unusual colour combo for Christmas, but it does work.

To make these cards you will need...

Stamps: JOFY Collection 1 - PaperArtsy
Card stock: white, lime, bright pink
Promarkers
Ink pad: Onyx Black - Versafine
Embossing powder: Detail Clear - Stampendous
Gems: pink, lime, purple, white
Baker's twine: purple
Adhesives

I'm so in love with the JOFY stamps, they have a lovely quirky, sketchy look. They would also look good stamped and just left black and white, maybe with just a hint of one colour. Hmmmm... might have to give that idea a go.

Okay, so that's me for now. I'll post the projects I made for the November issue (out now) soon. You can of course visit http://www.crafts-beautiful.com/ for more yummy ideas, projects and inspiration.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend and thanks for popping by.

post signature



4 comments:

Regina said...

both cards are adorable, love the fun colors!
Regina*

Suman Pandit said...

lovely fresh neon colors, Colette, give a totally modern feel !!
http://kalasirjana.blogspot.in/

Unknown said...

I love these cards Colette! I have had my eye on the JOFY stamps for a while now and am so tempted now I have seen your creations :)
Dawn x

Jaya Raghuvanshi said...

Wow Colette!!These cards are so very cute and adorable!!! I was going through your blog and saw and I had to comment here... I love them...so bright and fun!!