Tuesday 24 September 2013

'Tis The Season

How's it going chums?

Just been outside spending time with the chickens. Bren has laid an egg every day now and they are getting bigger (bet it makes her eyes water).

Okay, onto the crafty stuff. I've made a card based on one I did last year (click here to view). I have some lovely papers from the Dasher Collection by Basic Grey that I have been hoarding for a few years; so I decided to dust them off and get them used. Another thing I dusted off was the Christmas Swirls stamp set by Hot Off The Press.
You can still find the papers and stamps out there if you're really sneaky.




What you need...

Patterned papers: Dasher 12" x 12" Collection Pack - Basic Grey
Stamps: Winter Swirls - Hot Off The Press
Ink pad: Tea Leaves - VersaMagic
Card stock: white, deep red
Ribbon: deep red
Flat backed pearls: red
Adhesives

What you do...

Stamp the largest swirl on the right edge of a side fold 13.5cm square blank in Tea Leaves ink. Cover three quarters of the left side with 'Starlight' paper. Wrap ribbon around the card to cover the edge of the paper and tie in a knot at the top.

Stamp the sentiment and a flourish above and below it in Tea Leaves, trim and mount onto red card. Adhere to the top left of the blank. Finish with a few red pearls.

Of course, you can use any papers and swirl, scroll or flourish stamps in your craft stash. This is certainly an elegant card.

Before I sign off, I would just like to say a big hello to all my new followers through Blogger, Bloglovin, Google, Email, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. I really appreciate your interest in my blog and for the lovely comments you leave. Thank you!
So, I go for now, thanks for visiting and happy crafting! xxx

post signature

2 comments:

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful card .
Gr Elly

Ayushi Juneja said...

Great card Colette..!! This is so elegant, the colors are beautiful!!
Hugs,
Ayushi