Sunday 28 April 2013

Delightful! & retrosketches #59

Hello peeps!
Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend. We're still working hard at the hall/landing refurb and decoration (there is a long way to go yet...and a lot of mess) but I managed to find time to squeeze in this little card yesterday. I took my inspiration from retrosketches #59.


 Here is my take on it....

 



What you need...

Papers and stickers: Sweet Day Collection Kit - Echo Park
Card stock: red, orange, brown
Dies: Chinese Roses - Marianne Design Creatables
Adhesives

What you do...

Create a 13cm x 15cm blank. Cut a pennant 6.5cm x 9cm in chevron paper. Cut a smaller pennant 5cm x 7cm in spotty paper and adhere centrally to the larger one. Cut a 6.5cm piece of the scallop sticker border and fix to the top of the pennants. Add the 'Delightful!' sticker across the centre.

Attach the pennant to the centre of the blank. Die cut three roses, one in red, orange and brown. Scrunch and assemble. Glue to the top of the pennant.

This is such a sweet and simple card. Head on over to the retrosketches blog for lots more layouts and inspiration. A new sketch is released every Saturday. You have until 11.59pm (central time) on the following Friday to enter into the retrosketches challenge to win the ROCKstar badge to proudly display on your blog. Runners up are given a SHOUTout badge.

Saying that, I haven't entered any challenges myself yet. I should really - naughty Colette!

Just a bit of daft now. I was taking a piccy of my card in the conservatory and Bazoo was sat on the sofa having a wash (sitting in her usual dignified manner - showing all her tummy fluff). I turned round to take a snap of her, interrupted her ablutions and captured her face in mid wash. Hilarious! She doesn't look impressed though. Bwa ha ha ha!


Then she got interrupted by a wood pigeon on the roof.


Just look at that lovely fluffy tummy - oooooh!

Okay, that's enough silliness and twaddle from me. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and thanks for popping by xxxx

post signature

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pics of Bazoo :) Lovely card too.
Hugs
Dawn x

ellyscard creatief said...

Really delightful card.
Nice colors.Gr Elly

Sonia said...

Hello my dear friend, I want to apologize if I can not comment on all your beautiful work, but I finally found a full-time job ^_^
Will I be able to visit you on weekends only .. in Italy today is Labor Day and we are all at home^_^
You have done a marvelous creation as always
Have a wonderful day^_^
Big hug,
Sonia