Wednesday 27 March 2013

You're Old

Hello peepsicles, hope you are well ;o)
Today is my lovely Simon's birthday. He's had a great day and received some lovely pressies and cards, one of which is mine. I wouldn't exactly say it's 'lovely', it's more, er.. to the point. It's a good job he has a fantastic sense of humour.
Without further adodoo....




What you need...

Stamps: Li'l Grumpies Occasions - Smeared Ink
Card stock: white, turquoise, lime
Ink: Tuxedo Black - Memento
Promarkers: Cool Grey 1, Lime Green, Marine
Washi tape: lime, turquoise - MT
Brad: black
Baker's twine: black
Adhesives

What you do...

Create a 12cm x 15cm tent fold blank in turquoise card. Mount a slightly smaller piece of white card onto it, lining up with the fold. Tear off two strips of turquoise washi tape and one lime and attach from the top of the blank down the centre.

Stamp the Li'l Grumpy and sentiment onto a piece of white card, colour in and trim. Mount onto lime card and trim leaving a narrow border. Tear a strip of turquoise washi tape, attach to the upper left of the image, by folding over sandwiching the image panel in between, then insert a brad. Mount the panel centrally near the top of the blank with foam tape.

Wrap baker's twine around the base of the card a few times and tie in a floppy bow at the right. Finish with a small torn piece of lime washi tape just above.

I think he's really cute, as are all the Li'l Grumpies. I especially love his little sticky out tummy button (I think they all sport them). I've been really lucky to get hold of these stamps in unmounted rubber, but I believe you can download digi images from the Smeared Ink website.

By the way, Simon isn't so old - he's only 43. Bless him.

Tomorrow I will post up the card Bazoo sent him for his birthday ( I made it, but only with her guidance).

Okay me sweeties, I'm going to sign off and have a glass of the bubbly I bought for the birthday boy. thanks for calling in and nighty night xxxx

post signature
                                                       

1 comment:

lucretia said...

Ha! That's such a funny stamp