Tuesday 25 September 2012

Pretty Bauble

Evenin' Peeps!

I haven't posted for a couple of days as I've been busy with a commission for Crafts Beautiful. I made a few cards in advance the other day, so here is another one for you to peruse.



I created a top fold A6 blank and adhered some lovely paper from one of my all time favourite collections (Peppermint Twist - K & Company). I just love, love, love it! A strip of bright pink card was punched with a decorative border (Upper Crest - Fiskars) and attached underneath. I wrapped white satin ribbon around the card to cover the join, tied it in a knot and frayed the ends slightly.

A 3D bauble sticker (Grand Adhesions - Peppermint Twist - K & Company) was applied to a piece of white card, a 'hanger' was created using tiny pink gems and I added a bow made from pink baker's twine. This was mounted onto a piece of bright pink card, trimmed and finished with a black 'Believe' rub-on and gem.

I think the reason why I love the K & Company Peppermint Twist and Swell Noel collections so much, is because they have such a fantastic retro feel (as you know by now I lurrve), they also remind me of Christmases from my childhood. Perry Como, Andy Williams, Bing Crosby, Morecambe & Wise Christmas Specials.....

I wish K & Company would re-print them again! Oh well...good job I stocked up on them when I did.....but you never know.

That's me done for the mo. Going to do a bit more of my commission. Night night all!

No comments: